Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tu Jo Na Aayi…..


I opened my eyes, I was in hospital and was surrounded by my friends, family members, relatives and my neighbors. The last thing I remembered was the accident, someone searched for Simmy’s phone number from my cell, whose name was the last thing that came out of me after accident, and called her. I was half conscious struggling to maintain consciousness. I desperately needed to tell someone that I wanted to see my mother. I waited for the nurse to come and I looked at her with beseeching eyes suffused with tears. She understood what my eyes were saying and let my mother come closer to me.
~
Vaibhav told me that someone called Simmy to inform about the accident and Simmy called him and told about the accident, then he called Surbhi. Some helping hands carried me to the city hospital. I fainted on the way. They were now talking to my parents and telling them how everything took place.*They must be telling my parents that how irresponsible their child is.* I know it was my mistake, but still my eyes are searching for Simmy, but to my surprise, everyone was standing there except Simmy. She was not there.

Doctor Sinha told me that there are some minor cuts and wounds on my leg and forehead and a minor fracture in my left hand and I will be free to go home in 3-4 days that let me feels better. After everything got settled *People treat you like a prince or something when you are in hospital, I was enjoying that* I asked Vaibhav- “So you all are here but someone is missing, where is Simmy, my life savior?”
“We don’t know yar, we tried to call her, but she is not picking up her phone, pata nahi kaha busy hai.”
I felt disappointed. Main jiski wajah se aaj hospital me pada hua hu*probably* wo hi mujh se milne nahi aayi hai.
Tabhi waha Surbhi aa gayi.
“Kya bhai, what happened to your senses? Can’t you be able to see a big cow sitting in the middle of the road?” she teased me.
“Saara system hi kharab hai yar, here cows use to sit in the middle of the road and people have to walk on footpath. Bloody government.” I tried to justify myself.
“Chal koi nahi bhai,, kuch din hospital me maze kar, and I think we do not need to worry when you are having your friends caring for you. Hey, someone is missing na? Where is Simmy?” She looked at me with a teasing smile. *When you have elder sister, she will always take care of you..trust me*
“We do not know dii, she is not taking up the calls.” Megha cleared up. I was sad.

My parents and my paternal aunt had come from their hometown. All my friends and my teachers from the university came that day to visit me. Smita mam also called me, I told her that I have completed my physics practical file and will be submitting it soon, she must be happy hearing that. This all made me feel good. Even one of my ex-girlfriend also visited that day. I do not know how she comes to know about all this, but it was a good feeling watching her in front of me. I think people are taking this accident thing too seriously, they were more caring, loving, and worrying. But still someone is missing. Simmy ka ab tak koi pata nahi tha. Ek bar toh socha usko khud hi call karu, but then my self respect stopped me doing that. I am missing her, She must be missing me too *I thought so* but who hai kaha? I thought shayad main jo uske bare me sochta hu wo waise nahi sochti hogi. But I still like her.

In the evening everyone left except my Sister, and my friends Megha, Vaibhav and Sameer. Mom and Dad are also leaving to bring some food from home. Doctors told me to stay in hospital atleast for two days. Megha and Surbhi are busy in their girlish talks about fashion, movies, music and all the rubbish which they can discuss. Vaibhav and Sammer are sitting beside me and are busy with their cell phones. I called both of them closer to me, and asked them-“Simmy ka call aaya kya?”
“You Idiot, you just caught with an accident and still you are not in control. You know, I still could not believe that there was any fault of that innocent cow. That must be you who have done the mistake. You mast be going beyond your speed limits and that is why you are laying here.” Sameer said lifting my fractured hand.
I have nothing to say, they know the full story. Vaibhav and Semeer burst out laughing after watching my face. The fault was mine, it was me who had lost focus on road, it was me who have been listening to the music at full volume, I am the one who had lost in dreams of Simmy while driving. That was me.
“Fucker, what do you think you are? If you do not tell us anything, so we will not be able to find it. We are your best friends, and best friends sab jaante hai.  Tu humko call nahi karta toh kya hua. I was having some problem in the physics practical file so I was trying your number since 11.30 in the night and your phone was busy every time I tried to call you. I thought anyway I should call Simmy but even her phone was busy.” Vaibhav revealed the full story.
I was surprised with all their investigation. Smart people.
“Oh yeh! I was discussing the same thing with Simmy regarding the practical.” I tried to protest.
“Don’t you dare to lie Mr.Singhvi.” Sameer stared at me.
*Mr. Singhvi, shit! They noticed that. Simmy where are you? Save me from these demons*
“Guys, guys!! Will you please stop it? It is nothing like that, aisa kuch hota to main tumko nahi batata?  And vaibhav you.. you are suspecting me? *Jooth bhi agar confidence se bola jaye to who bhi sach lagta hai* My final attempt to save myself.
“Then why you are worried for her? Look at that girl, she have not even asked you that how are you feeling now, what is status of your health. All girls are like this man, bhul gya Karthik ke saath kya hua tha. Ab hamara kaam tha tujhe samjhana, aage teri shraddha.” Vaibhav said in a bit serious mood now.
~
Surbhi aur Megha ki baatain shayad khatam ho gayi thi, wo bhi mere pass aa ke baith gayi, hum aur aage baat nahi kar paye. I was getting influenced by what Vaibhav have told me. Kya sabhi ladkiya aisi hi hoti hai? Simmy really do not care for me? Thodi der me Mom-Dad bhi aa gaye, Unke aane ke baad Vaibhav, Megha aur Sameer apne ghar ja rahe the. Jaate-jaate Sameer ne meri tarf dekha aur kaha-“Be careful dude.”
Surbhi looked at me and Sammer with suspicion. She moved behind Sameer and Vaibhav by saying-“Main inko bahar tak chod ke aati hu.” *Jaroor kuch puche gi meri sis in dono se.*
My dinner was as instructed by the doctors a simple one. I would be more happy and hungry if I would have got something spicy and freaky. Somehow I managed finishing my meal and after that Mom and Dad are about to leave for home, Surbhi will be staying with me that night. My mom showed her love over me before leaving which proved that how much she cares for me, but my father was still busy talking on phone, he just said Good night and left.

At 10 O’clock, which is the time for patients to sleep according to the rules of hospital, I was about to sleep when Surbhi came and set beside me.
“Is it paining?” she hold my fractured hand.
“Its ok Di, I can handle such kind of pains.”
“Yes you can, but tujhe is se jyada kisi ke milne na aane ka pain ho raha hai na?” She stared at me.
I didn’t answer.
“Look bro, Vaibhav have told me everything, and I don’t think that Simmy should me that bad for you. You are in love my brother.” She winked.
I looked at her with surprise. She just said Good night and turned off the light.

It was 11 in night but I was still asleep, again and again checking my phone for a call or SMS from Simmy.  I was thinking about the thing Surbhi di told me. Is I am in love? Really? I was still not sure about that. Mujhe lagta hai Simmy ko bhi mujh se pyar hai. But if she cares for me then why she didn’t came to see me? Where is she when I need her to be with me? All my friends and my relatives came that day to visit me, but why not Simmy. I still remember words of Sameer BE CAREFUL BRO. Kya sabhi ladkiya aisi hi hoti hai? Simmy,, Where are you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment