Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Magic of Words….



I woke up with a new freshness, a new excitement, a new hope to see Simmy, showered with love of my mom and my friends. My mom and dad are already in hospital with my boring breakfast. *Though it seems to be very delicious when compared to the food provided by the hospital* Dad just completed the formalities by asking me about my health and the fractured hand, but my mom is still worried about me. He is talking to doctor and discussing about taking me back to home. Doctor Sinha didn’t say anything, he just said to wait till evening, and then he will be able to say something. I am recovering quickly and there was no sense in just laying on the hospital bed and make it occupied without any reason. I was already well treated by the doctors so there was no sense in staying in the horrible environment of the hospital where after every 10 minutes some emergency were called. It was a horrible experience watching people crying for their dear ones, I have already seen many people coming crying to the hospital and requesting the doctors to save their dear one’s life. I am really thankful to my dad that he managed to shift me to some private room where I can stay in peace.

With start of a new day, my room again becomes occupied with more relatives and my dear friends. My college buddies are already here enjoying watching how people coming and wishing me good wealth and showing their love and affection. I still wouldn’t be able to believe that my people love me a lot, they are really bothered about me or just making the formalities.

Vaibhav and Karthik came closer to me, Vaibhav asked me-“Uska call aaya?”
“Kiska?”
“Simmy ka?” Vaibhav asked in a low voice.
“That is none of your matter, and why the hell you have told about her to Surbhi, wo bhi tab, jab aisa kuch hai hi nahi.” I was not happy with their act.
“Yar, dii asked to tell everything about the accident, toh main kya karta, and by the way she already had doubts related to you and Simmy in her mind, that’s why she asked about it.” Vaibhav tried to make his point clear.
“Ya, waise bhi yeh koi problem wali baat nahi hai. By the way have you guyz tried calling Simmy? Uska ab tak kuch pata nahi hai.” I was again back to the main point.
“Yes bro we tried but still she is not picking it up.” Karthik spoke, for the first time in this case.*Hope he will not tell anything about this to Kinjal.*
“Hope she will be fine.” I said.
“Better you take care of yourself. Khud to hospital me pada hua hai aur dusro ki chinta kat rha hai.” Said Karthik, We all smiled.

It was 11 in the morning and Dr. Sinha was again here for my regular check up. After all the check ups he told me to go to dressing room and have the fresh dressings over the wounds. My friends have gone to college and my parents and sister were in doctors’ room.
~
I was coming back slowly from the dressing room, when I heard my cell phone ringing. I rushed quickly towards my bed. It was some unknown number, I thought it would be the telemarketing call so I disconnected it. But after a few seconds I saw the same number flashing on my phone, I picked it up, and the voice that I heard from the other side was the breathtaking voice for me, it was the voice I was dieing to hear, I felt a new freshness and energy flowing in my body after that Hello from the other side. It was Simmy, I came out of my dream and said Hello in the excitement. But suddenly something stopped me, and I said-“Why the hell you are calling me now. Ab bhi kya jarurat hai call karne ki. I met with an accident and you are not even bothered about calling me. You must be busy with your other friends or talking on phone, you really don’t care about me. Huhh,,Right now I am very angry and I don’t want to talk to you, you please carry on with your busy schedule.”
She kept quite for few seconds and just said-“It will not be worth talking to you right now, I was the first one who came to know about your accident, and lost control over my mind when I heard that, but the situations are like that ki main baat nahi kar payi, ye mat sochna ki I don’t care for you. Anyways yesterday my father had a heart attack and at present he is in not in good situation so I am leaving for Ahmedabad today, you please take care, will call you later, Miss You very much, and hope you understand me!! Bye.”
Before I could say anything, she disconnected the line. I tried calling her back, but that was of no use. The things Simmy once told me about her family revolved around my mind. She is the only children of her parents, she lost her mother at the age of 6, after that her father tried to give her all the happiness that he can, but she always felt something missing in her life in form of mother. Her father, no doubt never made her feel like alone in this big world. She loves him a lot. But now he is not in good situation, he is having some heart disease and even doctors are not sure about his health. His heart disease is in critical stage and anything can happen.

I was feeling bad for my behavior, I should have waited for her to say something. She cares for me, and off course she would be worried for me. Yeh maine kya kiya? I know ki wo mujh se milne nahi aayi, but I should have controlled my words. She called to talk to me but just because of my lack of patience I lost the opportunity. *Opportunity is always under our feet. We don't have to go anywhere. All we need to do is recognize it.*
~
It was 2.00 in the afternoon, I was still thinking about what I have done, tabhi waha Vaibhav, Sameer and Kinjal aaye bhagte hue,
Kinjal-“Adi,, Simmy ke dad ko heart attack aaya hai. Uska call aaya tha, they are leaving soon for Ahmedabad.”
I was not in situation of saying anything, I kept quite. Waha tab tak sabhi friends aa chuke the. I was sad, and not saying anything.
“Adi,, uska call aaya tha kya?” Vaibhav, my best buddy asked me.
“Will you guyz please leave me alone, right now!! Please.” I shouted, may be first time since we met.
They didn’t understand what the hell making me behaves like that. They didn’t say anything after that and left. I was all alone now. I was crying in deep of my heart, but trying hard not to express that openly.

Surbhi came into my room. I was lying on my bed without any sort of movement. That was so unusual for her.. She came closer to my bed and asked me-“What happened bhai, why you are sad? Aur tere saare friends kaha gaye?”
Now I was not able to control my self, I hugged her and told her everything. She looked at my face, there was no sign of relief on my face. She brought water for me and made me quite comfortable to sit.
“Look bro, see I know you have done a mistake, but don’t be sad. You have to come out of it. People who are close to you will never mind on such stupid things. It showed you that how much you care for her, and I think that she also cares for you so much, that’s why she called you before going to Ahmedabad. She is suffering from the toughest time of her life, her father is everything for her. Don’t be sad my brother, you love her, and now it is time to show that. She needs your support, agar tu hi strong nahi rahega toh wo kaise reh payegi. So be brave and clear out everything. I am sure she will understand your situation.” Surbhi ne bahut kuch kaha, but job hi kaha wo sach hi kaha, Simmy needs me.

I was feeling much better now. Surbhi hugged me and stood up to leave, I hold her hand and said thank you. She just Smiled and said-“Any time for you my sweet little brother.” That day I come to know that Surbhi will always be there for me, I never felt so good about her. Yes, we fought, cried, and enjoyed together, but she is my sis and she know me better. “Your words holds the biggest power enclosed in them, if they have power to hurt someone, do not forget that they also have the power to patch up those distances.” That’s the power of words….

0 comments:

Post a Comment