Saturday, August 27, 2011

Practice Makes a Men Perfect……


“Tringgggg………………..” My phone rang like hell, it was 9 in the morning, and I was still sleeping. I picked up my phone and a familiar voice buzzed from the other side.
“Dumb,, you are still sleeping, get up quickly.”
“Ah… who is it.” I was still sleeping.
“Aacha, to tu meri aawaz bhi bhul gya, you moron.” Now I know her, meri itni insult aur koi nahi kar sakta. It was Simmy.
“Log baat hi nahi karenge humse toh aawaz kaha se pehchan me aayegi.” No one can beat me in conversations.
“Sorry yar, busy thi, you know na, Dad had a severe heart attack, I am still in Ahmedabad.” Her voice turned broking up.
“Hey…. I was just joking. Don’t worry,, Your dad will be alright.” Hope these words have made her fell a bit relaxed.
“Humm.. he is recovering. Arreeee ha, sorry I forgot, how are you? Megha told me about your condition.” She giggled. *Thank god, you asked me. Some times I hate these giggles*
“I am ok now.” *really?* “and I am sorry.”
“Sorry? For what?” she asked in reflex.
“That day you called me, and I really behaved like an idiot.”
“Its ok! Mr. Singhvi. Bade-Bade shehro me aisi chooti-chooti baatain hoti rehti hai.” Giggles again.
We both burst out laughing.
“By the way, come back soon, we will be having our fresher’s party after 2 weeks.”
“Really,,, awww,, I will be back soon, I am dieing to meet you all, hope we will enjoy it together.” She rejoiced.
“Yeh, all classmates are busy in the practice for the party.”
“Oh.. and you must be pleased watching girls dancing all over around you.” *How come girls know everything about you, who tell them all these things.*
“Kya karu, girls mera peecha hi nahi chodti. I am still in the hot list rather being having a fractured hand.” We both enjoy teasing each other.
Our call lasts for nearly 45 minutes. I told her everything about how Nishit trying to dominate over all, about the dance of beauty queen, the hot dance teacher, and everything else. She kept the phone down with a promise that she will be back soon. I enjoyed every moment of the talk. I checked the time. It was 9.45 and I was getting late for my Jannat, my college. I moved quickly to get ready, girls must be waiting for me, and Vaibhav may be here anytime.

It was mid September and the outside conditions were really pleasant, dusky weather, silky breeze, love is in the air, but someone is burning from inside. Vaibhav speeding his bike like a roller costar and I was sitting behind him praying for our life. He was looking angry with Nishit.
“Look at that monster, he called me last night, and instructing me the work I have to do. Why do hell I follow him, is he minister or something. Huhh” I know which monster he was talking about, yes, off course Nishit.
“I think when we all were out of station, he must have gained the dominance over the whole class, and we must have to do something otherwise we will be just left behind being guest in the party, and he will acquire all the praise from the seniors.” Politics started playing with my thoughts.
“Ohk,, we have to think upon that.” Vaibhav said.

Girls believe that they have to prepare their dance and all the stuff in a secret closed room so that others will not have any idea that what is going on behind the closed door. On the opposite note, boys always try to peep behind the walls, and were desperate to have just a quick look over the practice of girls. I was lucky, I was the techy who have to mange all the songs so I was getting the chance to be with every group of girls dancing at their secret places. It feels good when you are the only guy looking at the number of girls dancing in front of you, and you still have to manage to show that you are working on lappy and looking at them, and I was too good in that. Its ok when we were with the girls of our group, but the real fun was with the group of beauty queen. Maanvi, Isha and Tanya were waiting for me. Even I was not able to resist myself from looking at the beautiful face of the beauty queen. There was a thin layer of cosmetics visible on her face, but still she was the one to die for. The little sun visible behind the dense clouds making her face glow brighter, I was feeling special being with them, Nishit must be jealous looking that.
~
We headed towards the music dept of the university, and the thoughts of the new music teacher begin blowing in my mind. The three girls with me were busy with their gossips *Yeh girls itni gossip lati kaha se hai* I tried to get involved with them but they just ignored me like a mosquito flying around them, poor me. We reached to the Music block and my mind moved its gesture from the beauty queen to the numerous beautiful girls practicing on different songs. I was waiting for the meeting with the new music teacher, the things people talking about her is making the meeting more exciting. Yesterday she was not available at the campus so we were not able to meet her.

We entered in the centrally air conditioned hall. It was a big hall and I really haven’t expected any such place located in my near vicinity. It was a beautiful hall with the walls painted with dancers in different poses, music all around, and most important, beautiful girls all over. We headed towards the inquiry counter and Maanvi asked the lady sitting at the counter about Ms. Pooja. The lady instructed her something and then we moved towards one of the group practicing in the farthest corner of the hall. As we reached to the required point my eyes begin searching the new dance teacher. There were about 8-10 girls dancing on some filmy dance number and my eyes felt it difficult to point out the new dance teacher. At that moment Maanvi said- “Excuse me ma’am.” A little girl of height just shorter then me turned around and walked towards us. She was about 5’5” in height with rounded face and a small pony behind her head which is having a tough time holding her silky hairs. *Only girls can look beautiful with unmanaged hairs.* She was not looking too mush elder then us and I thought her to be one of the student, but everything changed when she come closer to us and said-“Yes, what can I do for you?” Oh god, her voice was so sweet, that was too soft, just like her cute face. Tanya looked at me and signelled me to close my mouth which was left open after watching the new dance teacher. Maanvi told her about the talk they had two days before about the dance practice, and at that moment, she comes to know about us. They greeted each other by shaking hands, Maanvi introduced Isha and Tanya. Ms. Pooja asked me-“Are you dancing with them with this broken hand.” Giggles all around *Ahh.. I hate her*
“No ma’am, actually I am going to make you dance with them, I am Aditya, the sound artist.” *Nice designation* I said, controlling the situation and lifted my hand slightly to shake it with hers’.
“Ok.. I would love to do that.” She said and moved back to Maanvi, leaving my hand unattended. I quickly moved my hand back, hope nobody have noticed that.

Maanvi, Isha and Tanya discussed about the dance practice with Ms. Pooja, and she told us to come tomorrow sharp at 9.00 AM, so that they can get more time to practice. While leaving the hall, the girls again shook hands, this time I didn’t tried to be smart and turned around to leave, while Ms.Pooja called me-“Aditya!!” My name really sounds good in her sweet voice. “Tomorrow, please be on time, and come prepared with the laptop.” Ahh.. why girls are so selfish, what does it will take her to say good bye. I left the hall nodding my head.

0 comments:

Post a Comment